FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Look What I can Do!!

(Said in my best Stuart from MadTv voice...)



Anyhow, I decided to go for an outdoor run today, IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! That's a huge deal. If I run outside, it's usually at the track, but that's pretty boring. (That's why I actually prefer the treadmill: music + television + people = distraction.) Since it was overcast and cool I thought it's basically now or never. I popped one earbud in, put my Garmin on and headed out. I didn't plot my course, but I have my favorite streets I like to go down, certain houses I like to see (for inspiration) and puppies that always say hello when I'm on a walk with the little ones. I was a bit slower than at the track, but that's not surprising seeing I had some hills AND it was garbage day.

 


Not bad, considering I haven't run that far outside since my 10k in September! I'm turning over a new leaf and attempting to do at least ONE outdoor run a week.


3 comments:

  1. Nice job lady! Good for you. Fresh air and outside is good. But I totally understand - sometimes the treadmill is just easier and I find the track way more boring than a treadmill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out there!!! I know my neighborhood like the back of my hand as I run it at least twice a week - literally to the 20th of a mile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm total opposite. I can't stand the treadmill and would much rather go outside. Only problem is the week long forecast of rain.

    ReplyDelete