FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Friday, April 6, 2012

Late Start

It was the first day of vacation yesterday. My frickin' husband woke me up at 6am (from a nice little daydream,  I might add) to ask if my son had school. Well, the school calendar is on the side of the fridge, and every day that they are off is highlighted in purple. (ASIDE: Do you do that? Get the school calendar in the mail a couple of weeks before school starts and highlight the sh*t out of it? Well, I have two kids in two different schools right now, so they each have their own color for events and important notices pertaining to each of them.) NOT TO MENTION I kept telling him how many days they had until they were off. It's really my own fault for talking to the side of his head on a continual basis while he plays MLB The Show on the PS3.

So, I decided to not go to the gym early and "hang out" until he went to work at 10:30am. We just sit in the living room and watch Live With Kelly while eating breakfast- NOTHING spectacular. I managed to run on two of my regular running days this week (T and TH)! AND I had a great run, to boot yesterday. 5 miles in 45:27! Just over a 9 minute mile! So maybe I'm not dropping a ton of weight, but Insanity might just be helping with my speed. I'll take that.


Pure Cardio was on the agenda. Every DVD starts out with a 12 minute "warm-up," followed by a 5 minute stretch, then the "max interval training," and ending with another 5 minute stretch. As you're bent over, at the end, stretching your hip-flexors and what have you, (praising God Almighty that you survived another round), the sweat is just pouring off your body. I am SO not afraid of sweating. There's no better feeling. I KNOW I did what I had to do when I'm dripping like that.

See the difference at the bottom of my shirt? Look at my sweaty knees, for Godsakes!



Do y'all like to sweat, too?

2 comments:

  1. I am loving that you are blogging about Insanity. LOVE IT. I can't wait to hear your overall assessment when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Insanity updates!

    Lol it looks like someone squirted you with a hose!

    ReplyDelete