FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Change...

Who else hates change? Anyone else annoyed that Blogger had to change their format? I could barely navigate the old one. Just like good ole' Facebook. I'm still not on the new Timeline format and I hope it never changes! Timeline reminds me of a dang collage, where everything is all over the place. Why? I might have no choice in the matter, but I'll go along kicking and screaming! For now I just clicked on "Old Format" and it brought me right back to the pretty old "interface." Let's see how long I can keep it that way!

Anyway, yesterday was a rough day since my dad had to have surgery to get a defibrillator implanted. He has a bad arrhythmia that couldn't be fixed with the cardiac ablation he had a few months ago, so in case that ever causes him to go into cardiac arrest, he may be shocked back to life. The procedure was quick (he was at the hospital for 8 am and we saw him in recovery at 10:15am!) and he looked great. He wasn't happy with staying overnight, but if it were up to me I'd make him live there so I wouldn't worry as much! While in recovery we saw his "cardiac electrophysiologist," (the doctor that specializes in the heart's electrical system), and he explained that the defibrillator will give him another chance at life, but "he won't live forever. None of us will." Is this something you say to a patient and his family RIGHT after surgery? Jackass. Can't ever imagine life without them.

Mom and Dad, parents of 7, grandparents of 14 (with 1 on the way!)!!

So, with being at the hospital most of the day, then coming home and returning phone calls and getting stuff done around the house, I didn't workout. A change in my routine throws me for a loop. See? Creature of habit. My nephew was here this morning, so I think I'm going to the gym for a run this afternoon since it's supposed to get up to 66* today. I haven't run at the gym all week! That's different! Right now, I swear I don't feel like doing anything!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate the new blogger changes too. Ugh.

    Sending good thoughts and prayers for your dad...hopefully his recovery and healing are smooth and fast!

    You asked about when I'm running my half...I am thinking about signing up for one in September. So plenty of time to prepare. I just need to get a good plan that will get me where I need to be...aka...not last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that doctor is an ass, did he skip the bedside manner class? I hope has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete