FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, April 7, 2012

It Actually Happened To Me!!! (WARNING!! stomach-turning content)

I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ!

Yesterday was a horribly busy day. I babysat the 2 little ones all day and I hosted my family's egg coloring get-together, so I couldn't get to the gym for my regular elliptical/arc trainer workout. Everybody who could make it came around 1:30 pm and didn't leave until almost 6 pm, so then it was time to make dinner (last meatless Friday of Lent!) and feed my family.

One of my 25 year old niece's contributions...she did an entire Angry Bird scene!


Guess what? After dinner I didn't feel like working out, so my husband and I got to watch my other lovuh, Justin Timberlake, in 'Friends With Benefits.' Let's just say that that is as good a movie as the book '50 Shades of Grey' supposedly is. (*wink, wink*). Anyway, no Insanity workout! I feel so guilty leaving Shaun high and dry! Oh, well. My husband gets home from work early today. Maybe I can finally convince him to try it with me. Not holding my breath for it.

Anyway, so that brings us to today. I didn't have my nephew this morning so I could get to the gym early for my long run. Aerobically, I feel like I could handle a marathon, no problem. But the legs grow heavy and weary. I have to cut my long run in 2 sections because the damn treadmill has a one hour timer on it. So, I ran 5 miles in 50:37, then I ran 3 miles in 30:27. That's just a little over a 10 minute mile. Awesome. I walk a slow 1/2 a mile to cool down, go get wipes to clean off the treadmill and head to the locker room to stretch. Imagine my surprise when I saw this staring back at me from the mirror:

HOLY SH#T! I walked through half the gym with bloody nips! (It was actually worse at the gym, but since my shirt is soaked through with sweat, the blood kind of got diluted a bit.) This is totally MORTIFYING!!!! I have never had that happen before! I definitely have experienced chafing, but not to the point of bleeding! All I can think of is the video 'Marathon Thoughts' that I posted a while back. "Who will feed my babies...?" The strange thing is, you'd think my boobies would look horrifically ugly, but they don't.

What the hell am I supposed to do about this (other than wear a dark tech t-shirt from now on)? My sports bra seems to hold the girls in place really well, so they're not bouncing in my face... they're too deflated to do that now, anyway. Anybody else have this happen? Any suggestions? 

At least I didn't "pants my poop," yet.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! I've had really, really bad chafing (worst at my biggest, before I realized a sports bra IS necessary!), but never bleeding! I have a male friend who runs marathons and wears pasties to keep them covered and avoid friction on long runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at the point to need them but one of the characters in a book I was reading did....he used NipGuards....give it a try

    Painters tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they'd help because the irritation is actually on and below the nip. Nursing pads, maybe?

      Delete