FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Friday, March 9, 2012

Bring Your Own Crazy



I SO don't know what I'm doing here when someone says to steal her "button," so I saved it as a picture. Anyway, Drazil (check her out at It's Just Me, Drazil & Sheniqua..., she's hysterical!!) does this thing every Friday called "Bring Your Own Crazy," a fun question and answer segment to give yourself a blogging break and help get to know one another. You can do the same!

1). When you're sick, what comforts you?
      Knock on frickin' wood, I haven't been sick in a while, but what I love is laying in bed with my favorite movie characters to keep me company, like Kathleen Kelly from 'You've Got Mail,'  Loretta Castorini from 'Moonstruck or Jane Adler from 'It's Complicated.'

2). How attached to your cell phone are you?
     NOT AT ALL. I have it solely for emergency purposes. I got it free for doing an online survey and it's a 'pay-as-you-go' phone. I can access the web and text, but , get this, I DON'T KNOW HOW!!! I'm just happy knowing that I have a way to get in touch with my husband and cry in his ear when I get stuck at the intersection of two major highways in town or receive a phone call from my son begging me to pick him up because he has a migraine. THAT'S ALL I NEED IT FOR. Bonus: No outrageous bill. Without using it, it costs just $10/month. Pretty affordable for peace of mind.

3). What brand, color and kind of sneaker do you own to work out in? Why? Do you get a custom fit or just pick one off the shelf?
      Right now I'm running in Nikes. I'm not sure what they are. I bought them at Kohl's right off the shelf and I love them because they were pristine white with just a bright orange/melon colored Nike symbol. I should get thyself to a running store and get properly fitted, one day.

4). Do you ever wish you had picked a different name for your blog and why?
     I like the name for now, and I guess it could work in the future because 40 was when I decided I was fabulous (said with jazz hands).

5). Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
     Aren't they one in the same? Well, I GOT A NEW CAR!! My day-to-day real life has become wonderful now that I don't have to worry if I'll make it from Point A to Point B in one piece! I can listen to the radio without it cutting out on me, (when I could hear it over my rally car exhaust!), I can put my groceries in the trunk without them getting rained on and my window's aren't taped shut! Plus, it's pretty!

In "Blog Land," I love waking up in the morning, making my vat o'coffee and sitting at the computer reading everyone's entries. I love to see what my friend Katie at Runs For Cookies is up to or what mad crazy workouts Fit Mom at A New Beginning... has endured. Everyone inspires me to do better and push myself harder, and then I eat my muffin.

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the color of that car. It would match my sneakers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dashboard matches the exterior!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete