FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not Feeling It

I know, I know. If I just get up, dress the part, open the door and go, I'll get into it. 8 miles. That's a long run to push myself through on very little sleep. See, I stayed up to watch the Olympics opening ceremony and I had made it all the way to the P's in the Parade of Nations. Fast forward to 11pm (EST) and I wake up to my husband shutting off the television. Damn it! I missed the United States, (Couldn't we just go by 'America?' I mean everybody knows who we are AND I would've gotten to sleep at least an hour earlier!), AND I missed the lighting of the Olympic Cauldron!! I'll have to look it up and see what happened. I remember seeing David Beckham on a boat, and I thought I heard him say somewhere he wasn't lighting the cauldron, but that could've been just an evil plot to get us to watch and see.

Anyway, I got up and went to bed, only to wake up two times in two hours to use the bathroom. My husband, who was up playing on the PS3, asked me if I was okay. Me getting up several times in a night to release the copious amounts of fluid my body enjoys holding on to (and torturing me with on the scale) isn't uncommon. What WAS bothering me was the fact that I got my period. I, very stupidly, don't keep very good records when it comes to my cycle because I had my tubes tied in 2001 (April 3rd to be exact- now THAT I can remember?!?). So now I'm in bed tossing and turning, wondering when I got it last, thinking I just had it like two weeks ago and something HAS to be wrong! In bed, in the dark, everything always seems worse than it actually is. The diagnosis' are coursing through my head and the anxiety is building...

I fought the urge to just get up and go on the computer. I was too lazy to go downstairs and get the book I'm reading (since reading in bed is always a sure-fire way to put me to sleep, no matter what I'm reading). I just continued to toss and turn and stew in my own self-inflicted madness.

Now that it's morning, even though I've had very little sleep, I can remember thinking "Thank God I didn't get it while I was in NYC for my makeover trip." That was the end of June. So I had it in the beginning of July, and my cycle is anywhere from 23-27 days, so I'm not dying. Do you think this will prompt me to write it down? Don't bet on it. I am excited to try this new thing I discovered called 'Smart Cup,' though. TMI?

So now you know why I just don't feel like running this morning. Maybe I'll bang it out on a treadmill at the gym later. Don't hold your breath.

Just don't have it this minute.

4 comments:

  1. one day off won't kill ya! I have done the very same thing with the period. This in-between time before the big M is a bi-atch! I wake every morning at 3 am having heat stroke. The other night I thought my fan was broken and I contemplated suicide (came to my senses in the am, of course). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so crampy today and I usually never am. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the new product I'm trying out. I just feel like moping around all day sipping something hot, which is crazy since it's muggy here!

      Delete
  2. I agree - give yourself a break and rest easy, sorry about the cramps - I suffer too :-(

    PS: I also stayed up to watch the opening ceremonies, and then fell asleep before USA and lighting..

    PSS: Loooove the blog banner!

    ReplyDelete