FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Three Mile Run

After running 7 on Sunday, I figured I'd be toast for a run this morning, but sleeping in until 4:40 am made it a little easier. Yeah, "sleeping in." I would much rather sleep 6 hours straight then continue to suffer through what was happening this past week: fall asleep, wake up at 2 or 3am and then lay back down at 5am for a couple of hours only to wake up like I slept through an important presentation! Grrr. I have a feeling that mother nature is starting to play evil tricks on me.

Anyway, (I go off on so many tangents!), I told my husband I was going out early for a run before the little ones came over. He wound up waking early and decided to come with me. Prepping for our 5k on 9/8! I decided we NEEDED to run faster than Sunday. We managed to keep it under a 10:00 mile. Not great considering I ran my last 5k on 6/9 in 26:35! But I'm distance training now, so my speed will have to suffer somewhat, right? Charlie was huffing and puffing a bit, but he fought through it and we finished strong!

Do you think I'll EVER sit down and figure out how to sync this thing to my computer?
That's a 9:45 mile. (Duh. It says it right on the damn watch!) Blah. But I'm not trying to break any records with this next 5k, seeing that I am in the middle of training for the half, AND there's that big hill named Smith Point Bridge on this course. I just want to beat our time for this 5k from last year, which was 30:36. Our time this morning was for only 3 miles. We're going to have to push it a bit harder on race day!!

In other news... my son got his cast on yesterday. 4 weeks in it and hopefully he'll be good to go. He's not thrilled, to say the least, but I think he's learned his lesson!

He picked a pretty blue that will match his dress shirt that he's wearing to his cousin's wedding!
And in MORE news, there's only about 3 weeks left of our Kickstarter campaign for our documentary, From Fat To finish Line. If you click on this link, you can read about all 12 runners and even see a slide show of what some of us looked like through the years. If you click on the green 'Kickstarter' button, it will take you to the pledge page. The most popular pledge is the $25 level, which rewards you with a special "backers only" DVD. If you can't do $25, you can pledge as little as $1. If you can't pledge at all, we only ask that you can help spread the word about our project by blogging about it yourself or posting the link to our website on your Facebook page. Maybe one of your friends or family members will see it and be inspired to help. Remember, this isn't a donation, it's a pledge. If we hit our goal, you'll be charged and receive your reward. If the goal is not reached, you are not charged and there will be no reward. Don't you want a copy of me possibly making an ass of myself? I've pledged for my copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment