FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, Monday

I just read a pretty funny (and accurate) quote about Mondays. "I hate how Monday is so far away from Friday and Friday is so damn close to Monday." Still, you just have to make the best of it. Clean slate. Endless possibilities. So, this morning I grabbed the bull by the horns and my husband and I ran 2 miles. Last week I got him to run 1 mile, once. This week he doubled it. Hopefully he'll be ready for 3.1 miles on June 2nd! I said we should go slow, make sure we get 2 miles done. He paces us and we finish in 18:45. That's a 9:22 mile! That's not slow and steady AT ALL! We also ran without gum or music! That gave us the chance to talk about our goals for the 5k. I definitely want to finish under 30:00, but I REALLY want to cross that finish line under 29:00. I would be a very happy camper if I accomplish that!

Me and my mom- Mother's Day 2012

Since yesterday was Mother's Day, my husband made me breakfast and I got great cards from him and both of my kids. I always look forward to his cards because he writes something so sweet and thoughtful every time. Yesterday was no different. To quote him: "You impress me with your energy and drive and unfortunately I don't think I can keep up anymore." My kids followed their dad's lead and wrote something thoughtful as well. From Charlie: "Mom, you motivate me to do everything that I do. Thank you Mom. Keep doing what you're doing." And Chelsea wrote: "Thank you Mom for everything you say and do. I hope that one day, I'll end up just as you are." That reassurance will keep me going strong for at least the next year! I love my family. I am blessed. Blessed to have my husband, my kids and all of my family, and I'm especially fortunate to be able to share another Mother's Day with my mom (and dad). Could you ever tell by looking at her that she was at death's door not once, but twice just one year ago! To quote my mom- "God bless her!" It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late) Mother's Day to you and your mom! I read your story on Katie's blog - you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete