FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Second Biggest Eating Day Of The Year

Well, that's what I heard them say about Superbowl Sunday on the Today Show, I think. It's second only to Thanksgiving. Can you believe that Americans will consume 1.25 BILLION chicken wings tomorrow??!!?? They're not really my thing. (Of course, if they're there...) It's all of the other crap that will be out along side the chicken wings that's dangerous for me- pigs in a blanket, chips and dip, my sweet and sour meatballs... then there's dessert!


It's my side of the family that gets together and squeezes into my parents' kitchen and living room to watch the game. (Can't wait for more commercials! The ones I saw were hysterical.) Superbowl Sunday is treated like any other holiday in our family. Now, mind you, there are a lot of us. When we're all present and accounted for the grand total is 30. That's my parents, siblings, spouses and kids. So we need a lot of food, but we probably have enough to feed at least 15 more. We all have to bring something and a dessert. This year there will be a roasted turkey (my parents won it from our local deli), pulled pork, my dad's chili, chicken wings and my sweet and sour meatballs. I don't know what everyone else is bringing. I also decided to make a veggie platter- peppers, cukes, baby carrots and broccoli served with a creamy cucumber dressing. I plan on parking myself right in front of the thing!! I think I'm going to make monkey munch for dessert- chocolate and peanut butter, my favorite!

This year is extra special because the Giants are in! Go Big Blue!

What's everyone else's plans for the big game?

4 comments:

  1. wings, turkey sliders, guacamole, salsa, chips, beet chips, kale chips, veggies and dip, kale chips, and homemade soft pretzels. Yummy! Oh and the kids favorite...rice krispie treats! Because the game is at our house, I have strong control over the menu. Most of the food will be "clean". I even made my own Clean hamburger buns. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be reading a good book while hubby watches the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time!!! After reading about all your yummy food, I'm starving!!

    ReplyDelete