FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Raging Headache

Anyone else suffer from a headache after an intense run? I can understand when I get them in the heat, like after my 10k in September, but I was in the gym today. It did feel warm (and my friend agreed), probably because it got up to 55* today, but it wasn't THAT warm. I did an interval run, alternating between 6.5 and 7 for .25 miles each. In fact, last week I was able to run .5 miles at 7 and then run .25 at 6.5. I missed my long run on Saturday because of the weather. Maybe that's why I felt like complete and utter roadkill after a 45 minute run?? I managed to get in 4.87 miles in 47 minutes with warm-up and cool down.
Still waiting for it to kick in!

7 comments:

  1. Yuck! Hope you get some relief soon. I usually run to get rid of a headache. Today though, I must have slept wrong because my neck has been killing me all freakin' day!!!! I'd give it some wine therapy but I have to attend some meeting for my son at the high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheUnexpectedRunner: I am loving your blog! You and your family crack me up! I am feeling better, thank you. Wine or alcohol usually just makes me paranoid, like if I have a headache, it becomes an "It's a tumor"/"It's not a tumah" argument in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boo! I wonder why you're getting headaches? That sucks - I hope it kicked in quick. Could you be under-hydrated or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't always get headaches after runs. I'm just noticing there might be a correlation between overheating and getting a headache. I do remember "relieving myself" 4 times before my run (at 9:30am). Maybe I was dehydrated. I always sweat like a mother ______!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always heard that dehydration caused headaches after working out heavily?! Sorry you aren't feeling so good :( Excedrin will always remind me of my mom, she used to pop them like candy, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I agree with the others about possible dehydration. I was totally dehydrated once during a 90 minute hot yoga class and spend the next 12 hours with the worst headache of my life. Water is our friend lol.

    Hope you're feeling better today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: Check on my 11 random facts blog - you are tagged!

    ReplyDelete