FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, December 27, 2012

So Much To Do And So Little Time!

ONE WEEK!! That's all the time we have left before we leave for Miami on the 3rd! I can NOT believe that we only have 7 days until we meet and then run the relay the next day. This team has been waiting since January to get this done! In fact, looking back at that first e-mail from Katie inviting me to join the team, it's exactly 11 months today! The waiting is killing us!

So I have a week to get the house in order, catch up on laundry, get the kids prepared for our absence and pack for me and Charlie! Well, I was figuring on taking down the tree and putting all of the decorations away, and yesterday the tree stand broke, so I already got a jump on that task! Crap. I should keep my eye out for a tree stand on clearance in the next week, huh?

Technically I don't have 7 days since we're celebrating my family's Christmas on Sunday and I'll be cooking and baking the day before. Now I'm down to 5 days. Charlie starts his vacation on Sunday and we want to go see 'The Hobbit' which will eat up the better part of another day... 4 days. Geez Louise, I really need to get my ass in gear! The sad thing? We've been awaiting this day for 11 months and it will be over in the blink of an eye. Thankfully we're making a movie so we'll have a lasting memory of the adventure we were on.

Since it is 8 days until the race, Rik's been counting down the runners on the From Fat To Finish Line Facebook page and today, as Runner #8, my story is featured. It's still hard to see my starting weight plastered on the page for the world to see, but it's the truth. It actually isn't the highest weight I've been. I was 234 pounds when I got married. I managed to gain weight for my wedding while having intentions of losing! Who does that? I hate my wedding pictures. A day you should look back on as one of the best days of your life, and I can't get over the fact of how huge I look. It makes me sad, but I found a great quote posted by Spark People the other day, and I'll share it with you:



I can NOT change my past. I can think about the mistakes I've made and always try to make better choices, but I need to focus on today and tomorrow, where I have the power to create balance in my life, eating better, moving more and enjoying an active life, full of new opportunities and adventures. I'm looking forward to our trip to Miami and Key West, since it's our first trip without the kids since 2005. The relay is going to be an amazing experience that will help set the tone for a FABULOUS 2013. After the Relay is done and we're all back home, we'll be sitting in eager anticipation of the finished product, From Fat to Finish Line- The Documentary!! What a way to begin the new year!

What are you all looking forward to in 2013? Please, forgive yourself for the past, whatever it is you feel you  may have fallen short on, and start the new year with a positive attitude. Change the way you think about things. Start with two words, never spoken better than by Matt Long:



1 comment:

  1. Wahoo that's so exciting how close it is! I hate my wedding pictures, too...I don't even recognize myself in them.

    In 2013 I'm looking forward to hitting my goal weight, or perhaps figuring out where that is exactly. I need to remember to listen to my body.

    ReplyDelete