FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So it's 12:28 pm, Christmas eve, and I have a list a mile long of things to do for tonight and tomorrow, but I'm taking a break and writing while 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' is playing on ABC Family. I know I always overdo things. We're going to my father-in-law's girlfriend's house tonight, so I'm bringing beer batter bread, hot spinach-artichoke dip, Christmas cookies and monkey bread. That is all done. I still have to wrap a few presents for tonight. Thankfully we aren't leaving the house until 4 pm, so I have a bit of time to play with.

Now tomorrow is a whole other story. My parents, one sister, my f-i-l and b-i-l are coming for dinner. So on top of the many things I am making, like pigs in a blanket, shrimp cocktail, crescent-wrapped garlic-stuffed green olives for appetizers, roast pork and rice and beans for dinner and no bake chocolate eclair cake for dessert, I also have to clean the dang house! I didn't even bother making a list for that. I'm going to make sure the bathroom is spotless, the living room is vacuumed, the kitchen counters are clean, the tablecloth is steam-pressed and the floors are swept. Sounds like I should be getting up off my ass, no? Ah, the holidays...such a joyous time... for the GUESTS!!

As usual, we'll be listening to 'A Christmas Story' playing while opening gifts tomorrow. Oh, yeah, but before that I have to run a mile to continue that running streak!! Only 20 miles left in 6 days to meet my 550 mile goal! It's definitely going to happen. Any traditions for your family?



Ok, so I've fooled around long enough... Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment