FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Back To "Normal"

Monday I pretty much walked around like all of those people in the video "The Day After The Marathon" that I posted the other day. Climbing up the stairs was painful, but going down was pretty much torture. Of course my bedroom (and computer) are upstairs and the washer and dryer are downstairs in the basement. I took it very easy that day and with the advice of Rik I decided to try some yoga. (Here it is again, in case you missed it! I can watch it over and over...)



Probably the best perk with our cable company is the "On Demand" feature. I can watch the shows that are offered whenever is convenient for me. It doesn't include everything, but it's better that paying $10 MORE a month for a DVR.  There's also plenty of extra programming to choose from, including many fitness shows. I got to try out Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl yoga. It was about 22 minutes and it was tough since I haven't done yoga in a very long time AND I was sore. But it definitely helped work out some of the kinks in my quads and by Tuesday I was almost back to normal. Yesterday I didn't even FEEL like I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday. It even seems like it was a month ago or like it didn't even happen! Thankfully I have the medal and photos to prove it did!

On Tuesday I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the arc trainer, but at an easier pace and intensity than I usually do. Yesterday, however, I hit the arc trainer for 45 minutes, getting in the distance I normally do in that time and then walked for 15 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph on an incline. I'm thinking I'm going to go for a 3 mile run today. The weather is perfect outside. Since I'm such a sweater, the cooler temperatures make running outside a lot more tolerable!

There's been some new developments with our From Fat To Finish Line team. Our Runner #4,  Mary, has announced she's expecting! She hasn't given out details about her due date, but I guess running 3 legs of a 200 mile relay race in 36 hours in southern Florida just might be a little too much for any woman just about anywhere in her pregnancy, so she has had to remove herself from the team. Carly, from Carly Shrinks, will now be our 12th runner! You may remember her from her guest post over on Katie's blog. We're very excited for Mary on this new adventure in her life, and we'll miss her in January, but we're also looking forward to you all learning about Carly's inspiring story, as well.

We're less than 3 months away from the culmination of this story and I booked my airline tickets on Tuesday!! So, we've got our travel arrangements pretty much locked down. Hotel rooms and air travel are done. We just have to figure out how Charlie will be getting from Miami to Key West on Saturday, the day of the big finish. I hope you all are pledging over at our Indiegogo fundraising site so can you reserve your copy of the DVD! I know what the portions of my individual story will be like, but I'm SO looking forward to seeing my teammates stories unfold, as well as have our team's first meeting and running this amazing race forever on film.

2 comments:

  1. First off..the video is hilarious. I missed it before so thanks for reposting. Second, so glad you are feeling better now. It took me about 2 days to "get back to normal". Very excited to hear about how your Ragnar race goes. Keep it up! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for feeling good. I am a huge advocate of blueberries, spinach and some sort of protein post run...and ice baths.
    :)

    ReplyDelete