FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day One

CHECK! Managed to not eat after dinner last night! I did my Insanity workout at 4:45pm, which took until about 5:30pm to complete. They still give me agita, but I haven't puked yet! Probably can look forward to it happening in Month Two during MAX Interval Plyo or Cardio Conditioning. Anyway, after my daily dose of Shaun T., I made dinner, which was Pampered Chef's Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco in the Deep Covered baker, popped into the microwave. (Just some grape tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth and pasta cooked in the baker, add the cooked chicken when it's done, toss with some parmesan cheese... delicious and easy!)

We ate dinner at about 6:30pm, I cleaned up the kitchen and went into my son's room to watch some tv (since my husband was watching baseball AND hockey in the living room). I got to watch the 3rd installment of the documentary 'Weight of the Nation' on HBO. I think this was a must see episode, since it was about the childhood obesity epidemic. There was A LOT of good information and staggering statistics to learn. I HIGHLY recommend you watch it if you have the opportunity. And then the next episode came on and I fell asleep! It must have been 8:30pm! So, when I woke up from my little nap, I let the dog out, then fed her, said my goodnights and went to sleep! NO detours in the kitchen!


What also helped me yesterday was finding Bob Greene's 'Make The Connection' in a box of yardsale books from my sister. I read that book years ago and one of his 10 steps to weight loss is NOT eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. I followed that step in the beginning of my weight loss journey, but, as you know, have not adhered to it lately. I've been re-reading it and seeing what I can do to tweak my program. I can honestly say I have mastered several of the steps, like working out 5-7 days/week, in the ZONE, drinking my water, but my biggest problem is forcing getting my fruits/vegetable serving in my diet. Thankfully it's almost summer time, so that might make that task a bit easier.

Four-day weekend coming up! Happy Memorial Day everyone! I'm planning on having my Relay For Life Yard Sale on Saturday and possibly Monday, with my nephew's birthday party in between on Sunday. What are your plans for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment