FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not Much Going On...

It's been business as usual around here. Getting up at 5:30 am to get the high school kid out the door for 6:30 am and waking the girl up at that time to get her out at 7:15 am. Then it's either babysit the munchkins and shuttling them around or hitting the gym, running errands and cleaning house on my days off. I frigged up my hip during my interval run on Tuesday, (maybe 7.0 at 5 X 400 and then continuing to run between 6.0-6.5 for a grand total of 4.5 miles was a little too ambitious???), so I've been on the arc trainer since then. I get the BEST workout on that thing!!! Yesterday, I went for an hour and here's what I did:


That's 3.96 miles and 1,524 calories burned. This is on the Level 1 Weight Loss Program, with my weight entered. Forgive the suckiness of the picture- I wanted to take the picture quickly before anyone realized what I was doing!

The sweat was POURING off of me. I even had a small puddle under the machine. *ick.* Today I think I'm just going to pop in a Leslie Sansone DVD and walk for "5 miles."  I know for damn sure I am NOT walking a 12-minute mile while I'm doing it, but I AM wearing a 2-lb weight belt and between 2 and 4 pound hand/wrist weights during the workout. Using the Walk Away The Pounds dvds is really how I lost the majority of my weight (a FEW times- insert sad face here!). It's easy, cheap, convenient and you can modify it to your fitness level, which includes kicking it up a notch with the weights.

This is just my Leslie DVDs.
The money I spent on exercise DVDs is the best money I probably ever spent, regarding health and fitness. I have been exercising at home forever. I guilted my mom into buying Richard Simmons' Deal-A-Meal off an informercial back in the 80's with his Sweating to the Oldies VHS tapes. I have one of The Firm's workout packages on VHS with the 2 piece "Fanny Lifter" (step). That is also an EXCELLENT workout. I also LOVE my Gilad Step Aerobics DVDs. Remember Bodies in Motion that filmed in Hawaii? Gilad is H-O-T!! I'm not proud of this, but I have sunk so low as to buy Greer Childers' Bodyflex program off of HSN. (I'm not embarrassed by the HSN part- I LOVE shopping, so shopping at home is a bonus!) Look that one up when you have a chance. You supposedly could melt the fat off of your body just by this ridiculous deep breathing while you flex your muscles. The Lion pose is the funniest- it's even on YouTube!

Now picture a fat person doing this with 2 toddlers and a dog running around her! Oh, yeah, and throw in my husband laying on the couch laughing hysterically at EVERYTHING I was doing!!!

1 comment: