FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Anniversary

Yesterday was our 17th wedding anniversary! I still can't believe we're married 17 years and together going on 22. It doesn't seem like all of that time has passed, but it must have because we have two kids that are 16 and 14 to show for it. Charlie is the best husband and father I could have ever wished for (and he's probably going to be reading this at work, so hello, dear!) and I love him to death, even when he leaves his breakfast dishes in the living room.




We didn't celebrate since we had just gone out to dinner for my birthday and Chelsea had dance last night. We have another wedding on Saturday and the kids are staying home, so we can treat that as a date night! We've been bleeding money profusely, so we have to take it easy. Then there's our big trip to Miami and Key West in a few short months where we can celebrate our anniversary along with my weight loss journey, my 11 Ragnar Relay teammates successes, the documentary and the race itself!

I still haven't heard anything about the job I interviewed for. Someone else was interviewing for the position as well, and then it had to go to H.R., which could take a few days since they need to do all of the fact checks, along with a credit report! Well, my history is as clean as a whistle, not even a traffic ticket to speak of. I just want to know already! The waiting is torture.

It was a slow start this morning and I managed to get out and run at about 9:30am. I was planning on running 2 miles down the highway and back, but at about 1.25 miles there was a water main break and the road was closed so I just looped around and ran my usual 3 miles in 29:29. Turns out the break was bad enough that the library is closed on the opposite side of the highway. I guess I won't be making my free prints of the new From Fat To Finish Line flyers! If you didn't know already, our Kickstarter campaign fell short, but we have a new campaign at IndieGoGo that allows us to KEEP all of the funds raised!! So, if you haven't already, please consider helping us and making this dream of helping others live a full, healthy life a reality! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your run and your anniversary. Sorry your campaign fell short. I hope the new one works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary! I love, love, love to hear about married couples who have been together for a long time. It's such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary and I'm glad you guys have another fundraising option to help the cause! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny- I saw you commented via my email about the tornado sirens but my blog for whatever reason isnt showing them. I am SO sorry about your tornado warnings. They are so scary! Glad nothing came of them. And yes. The wind I think is the most frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! We had ours only a couple days before you guys, but the same one: 17 years! Amazing how fast it goes!

    ReplyDelete