FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Snap! Back to Reality

Vacation's over. Wah wah wah. Lots of laundry to do and a house to clean. Damn dog hair. We had a great time at my sister's sister-in-law Linda's house on Lake Wallenpaupack in the Poconos, PA. Funny weird, right? Two of my sisters married two brothers and they have a sister Linda, too. And a sister LoriAnn (our sister is Laura Ann) AND an Aunt Roseann, with the same frickin' birthday! ANYWAY, we left Sunday and returned yesterday. We played volleyball and swam and played games and cooked and ate and drank (a little) and watched a lot of the Olympics. It was fun and relaxing at the same time, very laid back and casual. There was no running or rushing around for four days. Perfect.

If you guessed Lake Wallenpaupack, you guessed right!

 
The cat was let out of the bag yesterday! I wrote that post on Saturday because I knew I would have limited computer time while away and I wanted to let you know the big secret. It actually did post. No unforeseen technical glitches or "flat tires." And then it posted on AOL's Welcome Page this morning! It was only up for a few hours, but it was there, right on page 23 of 23!

That's me and the kids on the Brooklyn Bridge on my 37th birthday, 9/13/08.

AOL had to pick the most hideous picture. It drums up interest, just like a fight on a reality tv show. I love that my kids were in the shot with me! Too bad my husband wasn't included, but when I was selecting photos there weren't many to choose from. As a fat person, you never want to be in the picture. And I'm the family photographer, so it made it that much easier to be excluded. I'm just glad I couldn't find the few shots I have of me in a bathing suit, HONESTLY! Then I would have been apologizing to all that went blind while viewing the article!

If you missed it just click on this link: the Huffington post article. If you visit the site, you can read about women who have changed course and succeeded at so many different things later in life, not just weight loss. Anything is possible with hard work and dedication.

3 comments:

  1. That's really awesome about the article! And so glad you had fun! My parents and I used to go boating there a lot. They still go sometimes, but I haven't been in years. So pretty there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the article and congrats for being on AOL. I missed it because I get all my AOL mail via my phone. But I am very excited for you! What did your family think of your new do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, you made it on the AOL homepage, that rocks!!!!,

    Oh and your vacation sounds awesome too! I cannot wait for our next vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete