FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Healthy Heart Weekend

Lori, a fellow blogger with an awesome weight-loss success story at http://www.findingradiance.com/ posted her Healthy Heart Weekend challenge to her readers a few weeks ago. Thankfully she reminded us all of the challenge, so I hit the gym early to get in the 9 mile run I pledged to complete. I'm one of those crazy people who actually prefer to run on the treadmill than outside. Don't get me wrong, I WILL run outside, but I prefer inside. I like that the treadmill keeps me at the pace I want to go- I have no choice, my mind can't tell me "no!" I also like the distraction of the television (I usually watch the Today Show and Live with Kelly) and the comings and going of all the other gym rats. It just makes the time go faster! Once the weather improves I will make it my business to run outside more- promise.


The "first" 6
 So, I found one treadmill that had a 97 minute workout limit and hopped on, knowing that with a 10 min/mile pace I'd get my 9 miles done. Well, at 1.15 miles in the damn thing shut down on me. I started her back up and she crapped out again at .15 miles this time. (Thankfully I didn't kill myself!) So I had to resign myself to another treadmill that only allowed a 60 minute workout. So, I ran another 6 miles in 59:40 and then started her up again to finish my 9 miles. I ran 1.7 miles and because I want to PROVE I did my 9 miles I walked the rest to total 3 miles.

The last 3
Gee, I guess these pictures don't really prove anything, huh? I really have to hold today's paper up if I want bullet-proof evidence of the dang workout. Definitely can't fluff anything with the Forerunner, though! So, should I push for 10 next week? Nine miles has been my longest runs so far.

Anyway, there's still time to participate in Lori's challenge if you want! Click here to sign up!www.findingradiance.com/2012/01/23/healthy-heart-weekend-sign-up-feb-10-12/

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote this, because I had forgotten that I signed up too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentioned it sooner! I haven't been following Lori daily (I'm tech challenged and can't figure out how to "follow" her so she's on my favorites) so when she wrote about it Friday, that's when it dawned on me. I wish I would have seen Jen's FB post sooner about running for Sherry Arnold. I would have printed out the bib and ran with it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I hate having to restart the treadmill because of the time limits!

    ReplyDelete