FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Unimaginable

You train for months and years. You qualify. You either run fucking fast or you are running with your heart for a charity you believe in. The checklist is long. Race bib. Race outfit. Socks. Sneakers. Fluids and fuel. You're most likely from out of town and had to travel to get to the start line. You've dreamed about this day for what seems like forever. You worried about dehydrating, cramping up, getting the grippers, shin splints, blisters, chafing, passing out... Not once on your mind was the thought of not finishing because of a bomb exploding at the finish line. Not in my darkest thoughts had I ever thought that would be a possibility. But it was a reality yesterday. Mile 26 of the Boston Marathon. Forever changed by such an evil act.

26,000 runners, tens of thousands of spectators, the entire world. Disbelief. Anger. Sadness.

I'm running today. I'm running because I can. I'm running for those who can't. I'm running to pay tribute to a city and a sport that will not be stopped by this senseless tragedy.


I am a runner. 
I may have not qualified this year. 
I may have qualified and not run. 
I may have been injured and unable to go. 
I may have never qualified.
But, I AM A RUNNER. 
And, my heart is in Boston today.


April 15, 2013 (via Shannon Neinas) 

2 comments:

  1. Lacing up my shoes as we speak... Ran last night, walking today. So, so sad.

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is insane Linda. I just cried. Who ever would have thought a bombing at a Marathon? Seriously! Just evil.

    ReplyDelete