FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hopefully a Homerun with Nate Berkus

It seems I am batting .000 when it comes to hitting the jackpot at talk-show tapings. I haven't been to many, which is sorta sad since I live so close to NYC and have the opportunity to view several. Anyway, when you watch these shows and see what some of the audience members are walking away with, you want to scream. Also, it would be nice to see a celebrity thrown in there if there isn't going to be any swag.

Back in '97 I got to go to a taping of Regis and Kathie Lee. OF COURSE it was in February when it's wedding week! We saw some couple get married, (Kathie Lee serenaded them), and no luck getting our number picked by the trivia contestant. STRIKEOUT #1.

Not long after that my sister-in-law and I went to a taping of the Rosie O'Donnell show. It was her first season. I couldn't tell you who was on the show, that's how memorable they were. When it was all said and done, we each caught a Koosh Ball (remember she used to shoot them into the audience?) and got a travel size bottle of Listerine, because that year she was voted "Least Kissable" in a poll done by Scope mouthwash. STRIKEOUT #2.


Fast forward to last year when my husband and I went to the premier season's second day of taping for The Nate Berkus Show. Now, Nate's been around a while. He's frickin' backed by Oprah herself! But, I guess product public relations departments wanted to see if he had any staying power. He did a few segments on picking paint colors and shopping, so you think maybe we'd get a Sherwin Williams gift card or something?!? NADA! STRIKEOUT #3.

I think I'd be pulled from the batting line-up if I truly was playing on a team. But, I may be down, but I'm not out. Tomorrow I'm going BACK to see Nate Berkus with my girlfriend Donna. I have been watching a little bit this season, and I have to say, his audience members have been LUCKY BASTARDS!! One show Guy Fieri co-hosted (LOVE Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!). They walked away with a professional Kitchen-Aid standmixer (I COVET that!), a professional Vitamix blender (it gets so hot you can make soup in it!), gift cards for wine glasses, etc. That prize package was probably worth around $1,500!!


So, my gf thinks that since the taping we're going to is about 2 weeks before Christmas, we might hit it big. I am not holding my breath!! I just love the opportunity to go into the city, even if the forecast is crummy. My husband actually took the day off so I could go and he'll do the shuttling the kids to jazz band and dance for me. It will be a nice "girl's day out." Maybe we'll go see the tree at Rockefeller Center if we're up to it. It's not that fun walking around Manhattan with an umbrella, especially during the holiday season. Can't wait to see how it pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment