FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Rowing" Along

It's Tuesday (in case you didn't know?). I HAVE to get a long run in today since I'm having a visit with the oral surgeon to get a bad tooth removed this afternoon. Wonder how I'll feel after that. Unfortunately, I had the same tooth on the other side of my mouth removed a few years ago, so I know it wasn't that bad, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't running then! I just need to continue my running streak and get at least a mile in the rest of the work week. I should be back to business as usual for another long run on Saturday or Sunday when the temperature will be a balmy 55*.

So I have managed to run every day since Thanksgiving. I hope my body can keep it up! At the gym, I've been hitting the rowing machine for 15 minutes, then the arc trainer for 30 or 45, and then finishing up with the treadmill for 1.5 miles. That rowing machine is just amazing. I like to do sprints, change up my grip from overhand to underhand to work the biceps and keep it interesting. (There's even a game where you're a little fish trying to avoid getting eaten by a big fish!) I think of all that rowing I watched during the Olympics while I'm doing it. And the Winkelvoss "twins" from 'The Social Network.' I envision looking that smooth doing it, too. Thankfully there are no mirrors around to prove otherwise.

I didn't get much done this weekend. On Sunday our Ragnar Relay team had a nice conference call, trying to wrap up all the details of travelling, running and celebrating our accomplishments. I can not believe that in 5 weeks and 2 days we'll all be coming from our own little corners of the country to meet and embark on this crazy adventure. After 11 months of waiting and anticipating, it's almost here! I still have to figure out how to get Charlie from Miami to Key West and then both of us from Key West to Miami for our flight home. I looked into changing our arrangements and having him stay in Key West an extra night and it wasn't possible. The hotel was booked solid.  *biting nails*

Yesterday I was up uber early to get my parents to the airport for their flight to FL by 5 am. Who am I kidding? I hardly slept worrying about OVER sleeping. Thankfully they were coming to get me, so even if I had overslept they would've woken me up and it would've been fine. We got to the airport, unloaded their luggage and said goodbye by 4:40 am. Unfortunately, you can't wait with them at the gate at this airport, so our goodbye felt very rushed, but I'm glad we were there with plenty of time to spare. I took my dad's car home with me, returning it to their house later in the morning. I waited so it would warm up a bit for my 2.25 mile walk home. Then, in the afternoon, I did my workout and run at the gym. Even though I'm not liking the little detail of not having any money, I do enjoy having more time to work out, and write, and Pin...


  1. I can never sleep when I am worried about over sleeping LOL So frustrating!

    1. You'd think I would've slept like a log last night, but I didn't! I might be on some drugs for tonight's slumber!

  2. Nice little running streak -- i can't believe RR is coming so quickly all of a sudden! EEKS!

  3. Wow that's exciting how close the relay is!! And I hate that not being able to sleep because of the fear of oversleeping- happens to me all the time!

  4. Congrats on the running streak, that's just awesome!!

    And woohoo on the arc trainer too! That machine is bada$$!

    Wow, the ragnar is so close- how exciting!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!