FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Saturday, April 14, 2012

M.I.A.

Well, that would imply that there was actually some action going on, which there really wasn't. I'm behind on Insanity and I have only walked a bit the last few days. I also overate just about every day this week. Scary how quickly we can ease back into bad habits, and yet it takes so long to create good ones. I wasn't surprised when I saw that the scale reflected that. I think I got it all out of my system. I went and ran at the gym and managed 6 miles in 59:09 and then I walked a mile in 16:30 on a 5.0 incline. My right quad is angry at me, but I still plan to get my Fit Test in and see how much speed and strength has improved over the last few weeks. Ooh, which reminds me- I need to try and renew Insanity from the library for another 3 weeks!


I know Biggest Loser is the season of "No excuses" and they've really driven that point home, but I'm thinking I may be stressing a bit because I'm realizing that the Ragnar Relay really is happening! I guess I'm still doubting myself as a runner. Thankfully, we have 8 1/2 months to train and prepare. We have our first team "meeting" (conference call) tomorrow night at 5pm. I can't wait to get to know everyone.

6 comments:

  1. No need to doubt yourself! (Though I feel hypocritical saying that, cuz I am pretty nervous too!) Like you said, there's a lot of time between now and then for getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do amazing!

    I agree it can be super easy to slip. But we are not perfect people. It's important ro never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all about your conference call! I have been on the overeating slump too, but I think the important thing is that we're both dusting ourselves off and picking up the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used the hydration pack for a 20 mile long run and it was great! For a shorter distance, I'd still wear it but not fill it all the way.

    Have fun with your Ragnar! Mine is soon and we have lost 2 runners...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. Bad habits come back on quickly. I have this issue to deal with! I know you can do the running!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will rock the Ragnar, no worries!

    ReplyDelete