FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

That Dreaded Time of the Month...

Yeah, so I usually do a mid-week check-in on Wednesdays to see if I'm on track or if I need to kick things up a notch for my official Saturday weigh-in, and the scale really hit me where it hurt! Just 4 days ago I was at my lowest weight ever of 149.4 and this morning the bitch read 152! I know why and I understand the "how comes" but it's still obnoxious, no? I guess I should be thankful I'm still getting it, right?

Speaking of my age, only 20 days left of my thirties. Boggles my mind. I don't think, no, I KNOW I didn't count down when I was approaching my thirties, so why do it for my forties? I think I'm actually looking forward to what the second half of life has to bring! I'm definitely a much healthier and fitter person and that has made me happier. My kids are older (my son is 15 and my daughter is 13), so there's a lot less work in that regard. They are pretty independent which gives me more free time to devote to taking care of myself. I do feel selfish about the time I spend in the gym or at the track sometimes, but they do reap the rewards because I AM a lot more pleasant a person now and this should only increase my longevity to be around for THEIR kids. I so look forward to seeing them raise kids of their own!

Time goes by SO fast...this has to be 11 or 12 years ago.
Look at me, counting the days until I'm forty and then jumping the gun on probably a whole other decade! I guess maybe I should make myself one of these lists of the things I want to do in the next ten years, huh?


What's on everyone else's "To Do List?"

No comments:

Post a Comment