FFTFL premiere

FFTFL premiere

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Miami, Here we Come!

The 12 runners are descending on Miami! Some have started their journey there already. Most of us arrive tomorrow and from there it will be whirlwind of activity! Charlie and I start our morning off at 4 am to head to the airport for our 6:15 am flight to DC, then the connecting flight will get us to Miami at 12:50 pm. A production assistant will get us to the hotel to freshen up for our team dinner at 4 pm. That's where we'll officially all meet as a team of 12 for the very first time! Only Jen has met everyone, since she's also a part of the film-making process, but this will be the first time I'll be able to put a live face to all of the voices! I'm going to be a nervous wreck!


Even though we've been getting to know each other over Facebook and the few conference calls we've had, you really don't get the essence of somebody until you're face to face. We all just want to be liked, even after having worked so hard losing weight and building our self-confidence. You can say you don't care what people think, but that would be a lie. I hope my Long Island accent doesn't sound like nails on a chalk board to some and it doesn't get pointed out, like when I first arrived at college in upstate New York many moons ago.

After dinner, we'll be hitting the sheets to get some rest before the start line at 7 am. I doubt I'll sleep. I just hope I don't ruin Charlie's night! He'll be worried about me not sleeping. Katie will be the brave soul to start our race off. I'm in van #2, so we will have a few hours before Jen starts out our first portion of the course. The vans will be basically playing leap frog over the 36 hours. My runs will be at approximately 11:30 am. 2:30 am and 1:20 pm. John, Runner #12, should cross the finish line by around 4 pm Saturday. Then it's time to FINALLY exhale and celebrate all of the incredible hard work and planning it took all year to get there!!
If you haven't already liked the page, you need to go over to From Fat To Finish Line- the documentary and like it so you can follow our race! If you're on Twitter we're there too! Follow us- @FatToFinishFilm! We'll be using white boards to shout out to followers, friends and family, so drop us a line, and we'll try to get back to you. Make sure to add the hash tag #FatToFinish on your tweets!

Today will be spent doing more laundry, packing, grocery shopping and fretting over every detail until I come home on Monday!! Wish us luck and make sure to follow our adventure!!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck girl! I cannot wait to hear all about this exciting chapter in your life! It is something you will NEVER forget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to follow your adventure! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is awesome!!! I'm following you on FB :) GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I'm reposting this on my blog ok? I hope that is ok cause I'm gonna go ahead and do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! We need all the attention we can get! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fabulous time!!!! You ARE Ragnar! And if you should see a Gaffer Girl in your travels, send along a cheer for me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower to your blog and I think it is so awesome what you are doing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,

    I hope you enjoyed Ragnar as much as Katie!! (just read her post) I just now found your official webpage - not sure how I missed it previously. I just wanted to say you look fabulous and I love the new hairdo. :)

    Michelle Christine

    ReplyDelete